Nordic network for intercultural communications conference 2023
The Nordic Network for Intercultural Communication organizes every year a conference in one of the Nordic countries. In 2023, this conference will take place in Sweden, 23-25 November. It is hosted by the Department of Languages, Literatures and Learning at Dalarna University in the city of Falun.
Call for Papers
The theme of the 2023 conference will have a focus on how language plays a role in communication between cultures. We welcome papers on topics including, but by no means limited to:
· The role of language in intercultural communication
· Intercultural communication in digital space
· Intercultural communication in workplace/education
· Research methods in intercultural communication
· Multimodal intercultural communication
· Plurilingualism and pluricultural competence
· Language policy
· Language and identity
· Literatures of migration and diaspora
· Translation of culture
· Intercultural mediation and reception of narratives
· Intercultural understanding through narratives
In addition to the suggested topics above, papers on any topics concerned with intercultural communication are welcome. It is our aim that, besides the main focus on language, a substantial part of the conference should reflect other aspects of the field of intercultural studies in general.
Contributions by senior as well as young scholars, doctoral students as well as practitioners, which can offer new insights into the various aspects of cultural encounters, are very much encouraged.
We invite proposals of individual papers as well as of pre-organized panels. All presentations should be in English and should be offered face to face. (No online alternatives are planned.) Note that all personal information will be removed before the peer-review, so authors should ensure that their names are not mentioned in the abstracts.
Please send proposals to: email@example.com, with the subject line: NIC 2023 Proposal. The deadline for submission is August 20, 2023.
Please have a look at this website for more information: https://www.du.se/nic