The Department of English Letters and Language
University 8 Mai 1945 Guelma (Algeria)
Faculty of Letters and Languages
Organizes: Virtual Study Day
Algerian and Anglophone Cultures and Literatures:
Encounters and (Inter)connections
At an era characterized by a massive move to the digital world, and by different forms of mobility, the interconnexion between Algerian culture and the anglophone worlds is today undeniable. At the light of such rapidly changing realities, the study day proposes to examine these (inter)connections and different forms of influence.
The aim is to highlight the varied ways Algerian languages and cultures interconnect with the English language and cultures be it in formal or informal contexts. Adopting a pluridisciplinary framework, the study day ambitions to scrutinize the issue through the lens of different disciplines: literature, translation, (socio)linguistics, cultural studies, etc. Possible tracks include:
- Algerian literature of English expression,
- The reception of Algerian literature and culture in the western world (media, academia, arts, etc.)
- The translation of Algerian literature into English,
- English language use among Algerians,
- The position of the English language in Algerian universities: realities and perspectives,
- The position of the English language in Algerian society,
Event coordinator: Dr Houda HAMDI
- Dr Houda HAMDI, University of 8 Mai 1945 Guelma
- Dr Fella BENABED, University of Badji Mokhtar Annaba
- Dr Nawel BENGRAIT, University of 8 Mai 1945 Guelma
- Ms Meriem SERHANI, University 8 Mai 1945 Guelma
- Dr Ghassan LUTFI, University of Constantine 1
- Dr Houda Hamdi
- Ms. Soumia Moumen
- Mrs. Iman Saidia
- Ms. Meriem Serhani
- Mrs. Brahmia Lilia
- Abstract submission: March 30th, 2021.
- Study day: May 25th, 2021.
Submissions should mention the following:
- Full Name: ………
- Academic rank: ……….
- Academic affiliation: ………..
- Email: …………..
- Phone number: ……………..
- Abstract (should not exceed 500 words): …………….
Submissions should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org