AHRC Midlands3Cities funding for
UK and EU Arts and Humanities research students
The Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership (M3C DTP) is a collaboration between the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University, De Montfort University, University of Leicester, Nottingham Trent University and The University of Nottingham. M3C is awarding up to 87 PhD Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) studentships for UK/EU applicants for 2017 entry. M3C provides research candidates with expert supervision (including opportunities for cross-institutional supervision), research training and access to a wide range of facilities, cohort events and placement opportunities with regional, national and international partners in the creative and cultural sectors.
French at Nottingham Trent University is inviting applications from students whose research interests include:
- Contemporary Visual Cultures
- Contemporary French and Continental Philosophy (Existentialism, Sartre, de Beauvoir)
- Critical Theory
- French Cinema - especially relating to the political, to work, and to the aftermath of the 2008 financial crash
- Feminism in France
- Gender, Society, Politics
- Contemporary French Literature - fiction/auto-fiction/autobiography/autopathography
- French and the Medical Humanities – literary and cinematic representations of illness, disease, trauma, loss
- Contemporary French Politics
- French and Transnational events of 1968 - collective memory in France and Europe, French protest movements, France and Europe.
- Graphic novel
- Queer Theory
- Religion and Secularism
- Urban studies
The deadline for M3C funding applications is 16 January 2017, by which time students must have applied for a place to study and have ensured that two academic references are submitted to the home university on the correct M3C form.
Please contact Professor Enda McCaffrey in the first stance: firstname.lastname@example.org For full details of eligibility, funding, proposal-writing workshops and research supervision areas (including use of the supervision search tool) please visit www.midlands3cities.ac.uk or contact email@example.com.